Sunday 16 October 2016

'E' is for Eight!

Hello!

Today's blog is my entry for The Craft Barn's alpha dictionary challenge and the letter this time is 'E'!

There are quite a few words beginning with 'E', but somehow I wasn't attracted to any of them until I came across 'eight' and 'eighteen'.  While I was initially going to illustrate 'eight' with a rowing boat (The Oxford vs Cambridge Boat Race kind!), I wasn't really happy with my rendition of the long and graceful boats, so the number not the noun it was!

I found some balloon dies (Spellbinders' 'Fun on a string') and I cut out eight balloons and mounted them on a checkered paper that reminded me of a table cloth and a birthday party!  

I added the definition, as usual, but one thing that struck me was the wording:  Eight is defined as one more than seven.  So what if you don't know what seven is?  One more than six?  And why not use the definition as one less than nine?  As definitions go, I think this one is pretty weak!


Perhaps I should have gone with eighteen after all - the tag does look a little bare!  LOL

Have a good weekend.

Anne x

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the definition. You are right about it being a bit weak, but I still like how you illustrated it. Eight is a great number for that tag. Too many and it would have looked cluttered. It's a fun entry, and one I would never have considered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! Thank you for entering the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look bare but clean and simple and there's nowt wrong with that! A lovely tag and a good choice of word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weak maybe but a definition nonetheless. I think your tag displays the number very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The definition might be a bit lame but your tag is lovely. I like the delicate balloons very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete