Friday 23 December 2016

Merry Christmas! - 'M' is for Merry!

Hello!

Well we are at the penultimate letter of the Craft Barn's alpha dictionary challenge and it is the letter 'M'.  I settled down today to do two things in my craft room - to make a card for my husband and to do my entry for the challenge.

Here is my card - it uses a set of border dies that I have arranged together to imitate the images so popular in Nordic countries.  It came out better than I expected and I must confess to being quite pleased with it!  I like cutting a pattern out in different colours and then piecing them together.  This is what I have done with the sparkly elements of the card in the snowflakes, the decoration on the baubles and the stars.  I think he will like it.  




Then I immediately hit upon the 'M' of Merry Christmas as my possible solution to the challenge. What's more, I had a lot of 'waste' elements from the card and I just put them together for this tag.



It also reflects what I'd like to say to my blogging friends - I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year for 2017.  

Take care everyone,

Anne

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! What more can I say, except to thank you for joining the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary challenge and to send you Season's Greetings from all of us xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waste not, want not. That's my motto. Your tag is beautiful, and your card to your husband is out of this world gorgeous. I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, too.

    You mentioned the 4D postage stamps I used in my mailman entry. They came off an envelope from a package of envelopes I received in a trade. I had no idea they were that old. I'm thrilled you called that to my attention. Nakes them even more special. Again, Merry Christmas, and here's to a fantastic and artful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever to use the positive and negative images...and economical! Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect seasonal word choice. Best wishes for the new year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Nordic design and the use of the "waste" pieces for your tag.

    ReplyDelete